What is acacia wood, and why is it used?
The acacia tree is native to tropical and subtropical regions of the world, particularly Australia and Africa. This sustainable, durable wood is known for its distinctive grain patterns. This environmental-friendly wood is sourced from sustainable acacia trees in Thailand. Acacia is a genuine hard wood rich with natural oils that give it a natural water resistance. Perfect for the kitchen!
Its hardness and stunning appearance helps create high-quality, long lasting home accessories.
Aren't plastic boards safer than wood cutting boards?
For the longest time, most cutting boards were actually made of wood. Eventually, plastic cutting boards were introduced with the promise of easier cleaning and sanitizing. But food safety research in the 1980's found that although plastic cutting boards were easier to sanitize, bacteria was also able to hide much easier. Cutting into plastic begins to create lots of grooves where bacteria can hide and continue to grow.
By using solid wood, you won't find as many deep scratches in the surface. Less bacteria means safer to use!
How do I clean my wood tableware?
- Hand wash in warm soapy water immediately after use. Rinse with warm running water. Then dry with a soft cloth or dish rack to air-dry.
- To enhance the natural beauty of the wood, condition periodically with mineral oil.
- Store your tableware in a cool, dry location when its not in use.
- Do not leave soaking in water or exposed to heat.
- Not for use in the microwave or dishwasher.
How often should I apply mineral oil on my wood cutting board or other serveware?
You want to preserve this precious wood as best as possible. We suggest applying mineral oil to your wood tableware after every cleaning.
Preserving acacia wood with mineral oil is simple!
- Clean the wood and allow it to completely dry.
- Apply the oil using a clean, soft cloth or paper towel. Apply the oil in an even layer over the wood.
- Let the oil soak in, overnight if possible, or for at least a few hours.
Why shop with Acacia Wood USA?
Acacia Wood USA delivers the highest quality wood cutting boards, salad bowls, serving trays, and other wood tableware. Each item is handcrafted from environmental-friendly acacia wood. Every creation features a distinctive grain design that compliments most home decor.
All Items Are Crafted From Durable, Sustainable Wood
We use an environmental-friendly process to harvest the wood from acacia tree found in Asia. So, you can feel good while loving your new home decor! Not only is this wood absolutely stunning to look at, but it is also extremely durable. With proper care, your product will last throughout the years.
USA Support & 30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed
As an appreciated customer, you will receive excellent support from our USA-based team. From quality assurance, to shipping with care. All items come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee because we know you will love it! If you have any questions about our products or orders, please contact us. We are always happy to chat with our customers!
What is your return policy?
We will gladly accept returns, exchanges, or cancellations for approved orders.
To do so, please:
- Contact us within 14 days of delivery.
- Ship items back within 30 days of delivery.
- Request a cancellation within 2 days of purchase.
You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org