Acacia is a fast-growing evergreen tree, primarily found in Africa and Australia. This sustainable tree is known for its durability and distinctive wood grain patterns. Just like most natural wood, acacia wood holds its beautiful appearance much longer when given proper care. Keep your acacia wood tableware or furniture looking its best by following these easy tips!
Acacia Wood Tableware
- Hand wash in warm soapy water immediately after use. Rinse with warm running water. Then dry with a soft cloth or dish rack to air-dry.
- To enhance the natural beauty of the wood, condition with mineral oil after each cleaning.
- Store your tableware in a cool, dry location when it’s not in use.
- Do not leave soaking in water or exposed to heat.
- Not for use in the microwave or dishwasher.
Acacia Wood Furniture
- Avoid placing your acacia wood furniture in direct sunlight. If using outside, keep your furniture under an umbrella or in a shaded area.
- Clean spills with a soft cloth and warm, soapy water. Dry with a second cloth or air-dry.
- Condition your furniture with wax or wood preservative immediately after cleaning.
- Keep your furniture alive and periodically apply additional wood preservative.
How to Clean Acacia Wood Flooring
- Regularly sweep your hardwood floor with a soft-bristle or swivel-headed broom with a microfiber cloth, such as a Swiffer.
- Avoid using a vacuum to reduce the risk of scratching the surface of the hardwood.
- Use only hardwood flooring cleaners, and follow the manufacturer’s directions. Some cleaners can be applied directly to the floor, while others should not.
- Do not use any wax-based or ammonia-based cleaning products.
- Do not wet-mop your acacia wood flooring. Even though it is water-resistant, frequent water contact will damage the floor over time.
- Instead of an old fashion wet mop, use a spray mop that is specifically made for hardwood floors. (such as the Bona Hardwood Premium Spray Mop)
Still, have questions about caring for your acacia wood? Ask us your questions!